Danae Robinson focuses her practice on trademark, copyright, and unfair competition law, with a primary focus on contested proceedings and policing. Danae regularly advises clients on the management and protection of their domestic and international portfolios. She assists clients with domain issues, including the protection of their marks through UDRP proceedings. Danae also has experience assisting clients with prosecution matters, including global trademark clearance.
Danae earned her J.D. with Honors from the University of San Francisco School of Law where she was a member of the McAuliffe Honor Society. She was also a member of the Intellectual Property and Cyber Law Associations.
Prior to law school, Danae graduated from Georgia Tech, with a degree in Industrial Engineering.
In her spare time, Danae enjoys traveling, cooking, and attending live music performances.
PROFESSIONAL ACTIVITIES AND MEMBERSHIPS
- Austin Intellectual Property Law Association
- Co-Chair, Awards Committee
- Federal Bar Association
- Austin Bar Association
SPEECHES AND PUBLICATIONS
- Speaker, “Battle of the Brands: Bands in IP Music Industry,” State Bar of Texas Annual Meeting, Austin, Texas, June 2019
- Speaker, “Cease-and-Desist Campaigns,” American Intellectual Property Law Association, Trademark Boot Camp, Arlington, VA, June 2018, June 2019
- Panelist, 2018 Federal Circuit & Supreme Court IP Year-in-Review, Austin Intellectual Property Law, February 2019
State Bar of Texas