Sherri’s trademark practice focuses on advising clients regarding strategic worldwide trademark and copyright protection, global brand roll-outs and enforcement strategies; drafting and negotiating a broad range of sponsorship and endorsement agreements, co-branding agreements, manufacturing, licensing, professional athlete ambassador agreements, and cause marketing agreements; advising clients on digital advertising; providing trademark/copyright education and training for clients; selection and clearance of trademarks, including product configuration and product packaging; management of global portfolios; obtaining domestic and foreign trademark registrations; performing due diligence for acquisition of trademark portfolios; counseling clients as to and obtaining copyright registrations; and advising clients regarding domain name and Internet issues.
Sherri received her J.D. with honors from The University of Texas School of Law in 2002, where she was elected to the Order of the Coif. She also studied at Queen Mary, University of London, focusing on international intellectual property law. Prior to law school, Sherri received a bachelor’s degree from Boston University in 1997, graduating Magna Cum Laude.
Outside of work, Sherri enjoys cooking, swimming and spending time with her husband Kent and her two sons, Grant and Porter.
“Sherri Eastley is ‘an extremely clever attorney’ with ‘a gift for overcoming perplexing prosecution matters and knows how to keep clients satisfied'.”World Trademark Review's WTR 1000 (2018)
- The Best Lawyers in America® by Woodward/White, Inc. (2018-2023)
- WTR 1000 The World’s Leading Trademark Professionals, World Trademark Review (2018-2023)
PROFESSIONAL ACTIVITIES AND MEMBERSHIPS
- International Trademark Association
- American Bar Association
- Order of the Coif
- State Bar of Texas
- Intellectual Property Section
- J. Rueben Clark Law Society
SPEECHES AND PUBLICATIONS
- Author, “Trademark Specimens: Latest Developments and Important Considerations,” AIPLA Virtual Spring Meeting, May 14, 2021
- Speaker, “Trademark Specimens: Latest Developments and Important Considerations,” AIPLA Virtual Spring Meeting, May 14, 2021
- Interviewee, “Trademark Modernization Act: how in-house are preparing,” by Rani Mehta, Managing Intellectual Property, https://www.managingip.com/article/b1rqqsn8sdhcc5/trademark-modernization-act-how-in-house-are-preparing, May 7, 2021Author, “Chapter 18: Global Trademark Prosecution Strategies & International Trademark Law Updates 2018,” State Bar of Texas 31st Annual Advanced Intellectual Property Law Course, Houston, Texas, February 2018
- Speaker, Texas State Bar Advanced IP CLE 2018, “International Prosecution Strategies, Practice Tips and Trademark Law Update,” Houston, Texas, February 2018
- Co-author of Brief of Amicus Curiae for the International Trademark Association before the U.S. Supreme Court, KP Permanent Make-up, Inc. v. Lasting Impression Inc., et al., 543 U.S. 111 (2004).
- Direito Ambiental das areas protegidas (Environmental Law of Protected Areas), Forense Universitaria, 2001, Sherri Langley, et al.