Sherri’s trademark practice focuses on advising clients regarding worldwide trademark protection and enforcement strategies; selection and clearance of trademarks; rebranding and advising for strategic worldwide brand roll-outs; management of global portfolios; obtaining domestic and foreign trademark registrations; negotiating licensing agreements; performing due diligence for acquisition of trademark portfolios; counseling clients with respect to copyright matters; and advising clients regarding domain name and Internet issues.more
Her practice includes management of domestic and international trademark portfolios across a wide variety of industries. Sherri regularly represents clients before the U.S. Trademark Office and Trademark Trial and Appeal Board.
Sherri received her J.D. with honors from The University of Texas School of Law in 2002, where she was elected to the Order of the Coif. She also studied at Queen Mary, University of London, focusing on international intellectual property law. Prior to law school, Sherri received a bachelor’s degree from Boston University in 1997, graduating Magna Cum Laude.
Outside of work, Sherri enjoys cooking, swimming and spending time with her husband Kent and her two sons, Grant and Porter.
“Sherri Eastley is ‘an extremely clever attorney’ with ‘a gift for overcoming perplexing prosecution matters and knows how to keep clients satisfied'.”World Trademark Review's WTR 1000 (2018)
- The Best Lawyers in America® by Woodward/White, Inc. (2018-2020)
- WTR 1000 The World’s Leading Trademark Professionals, World Trademark Review (2018-2020)
PROFESSIONAL ACTIVITIES AND MEMBERSHIPS
- International Trademark Association
- American Bar Association
- Order of the Coif
- State Bar of Texas
- Intellectual Property Section
- J. Rueben Clark Law Society
SPEECHES AND PUBLICATIONS
- Author, “Chapter 18: Global Trademark Prosecution Strategies & International Trademark Law Updates 2018,” State Bar of Texas 31st Annual Advanced Intellectual Property Law Course, Houston, Texas, February 2018
- Speaker, Texas State Bar Advanced IP CLE 2018, “International Prosecution Strategies, Practice Tips and Trademark Law Update,” Houston, Texas, February 2018
- Co-author of Brief of Amicus Curiae for the International Trademark Association before the U.S. Supreme Court, KP Permanent Make-up, Inc. v. Lasting Impression Inc., et al., 543 U.S. 111 (2004).
- Direito Ambiental das areas protegidas (Environmental Law of Protected Areas), Forense Universitaria, 2001, Sherri Langley, et al.