Erik Combs focuses his practice on trademark, copyright, and unfair competition law. Erik earned his J.D. from The University of Texas School of Law, where he served as Managing Editor of the Texas Environmental Law Journal. While attending law school, he received the Dean’s Achievement Award in Patent Law.
Prior to law school, Erik graduated from Washington University in St. Louis earning a Bachelor of Science in Computer Engineering.
PROFESSIONAL ACTIVITIES AND MEMBERSHIP
- The Honorable Lee Yeakel IP Inn of Court
- Intellectual Property Owners Association
- Austin Intellectual Property Law Association
- American Intellectual Property Law Association
- State Bar of Texas
- Co-Chair, AIPLA Austin Area New Lawyer Committee Networking
- Chair, AIPLA NLC Webinar Subcommittee
SPEECHES AND PUBLICATIONS
- Speaker, “Domain Name Rights Protection Mechanisms & ICANN Developments,” Clear Law Institute Webinar, March 12, 2018
- Speaker, “IP Law for Estate Planning and Probate Attorneys,” Intermediate Estate Planning and Probate Course, TexasBarCLE, Houston, June 2017
- Guest Lecturer, Entrepreneurship and Community Development Clinic at the University of Texas School of Law, “IP Law Overview,” Austin, Texas, October 2015, March 2016, October 2016, March 2017, October 2017, February 2018
- Co-Author, “Trademark Surveys: Ten Common Pitfalls,” James T. Berger, Trademark Surveys in the Age of Daubert, 2016
- Speaker, Intellectual Property Law Society at the University of Texas School of Law, “Trademarks 101,” Austin, Texas, February 2015, October 2015