Rebecca McCurry focuses her practice on trademark, copyright, and unfair competition law. She regularly advises clients in domestic and international trademark clearance, prosecution, and enforcement matters. Rebecca also counsels clients regarding the protection, registration, and enforcement of copyright assets and represents clients in arbitration proceedings involving ICANN’s domain name dispute resolution policies.
Prior to joining Pirkey Barber, Rebecca earned her J.D. with Honors from DePaul University College of Law in Chicago, Illinois.
Outside of work, Rebecca enjoys swimming, listening to podcasts, and walking dogs at the local animal shelter.
SPEECHES AND PUBLICATIONS
- Presenter, “Issues with Obtaining Copyright Registrations for Logos and Related Enforcement Concerns,” In-House CLE, June 2018
- Speaker, Texas State Bar Advanced IP Course, “Copyright in Jewelry,” Houston, Texas, February 2018
- Co-Host, International Trademark Association, “gTLD: Strategizing Left and Right of the Dot,” Austin, Texas, June 2015
- Panelist, American Bar Association, “A Robust Docket: Recent Supreme Court Copyright and Trademark Jurisprudence”
- Speaker, International Trademark Association, “Social Media, Chapter Two,” Austin, Texas, October 2014
- Speaker, State Bar of Texas Annual Meeting, “Fashion Law – The Intersection of Trademark and Copyright,” Austin, Texas, June 2014
- Host, International Trademark Association, “Social Media, Sweepstakes, and Other Promotions,” Austin, Texas, October 2013
- Speaker, University of Texas Intellectual Property Law Society, “Trademarks 101,” Austin, Texas, October 2013
- State Bar of Illinois
- State Bar of Texas