Laura Echols has over 20 years of experience as a trademark paralegal, at leading law firms in Georgia and Tennessee as well as in‐house at Fortune 500 corporations overseeing multi‐billion‐dollar, global brands. Laura has been actively engaged in all aspects of U.S. trademark prosecution, portfolio management, and enforcement. She has worked in‐depth across a broad range of industries with significant focus on the television and media and consumer goods industries.
Laura has considerable expertise in directly handling and managing all elements relating to the prosecution and maintenance of international and domestic trademark portfolios including evidence gathering and preparation, legal research, and essential filings with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office and foreign jurisdictions.
In addition, Laura has been heavily involved with the International Trademark Association (“INTA”) and has served on a number of INTA committees. Through her INTA volunteering, she has co‐hosted, moderated, and presented at several events including roundtables, Idea Exchanges and panels.
PROFESSIONAL ACTIVITIES AND MEMBERSHIPS
- International Trademark Association (INTA)
- Trademark Administrators – Content Subcommittee Chair (2020-2021)
- Harmonization of Trademark Law and Practice – Free Trade Agreements SubCommittee Chair (2018 – 2020)
- Trademark Administrators – Outreach SubCommittee (2012 – 2016)
- Trademark Administrators – Programming SubCommittee (2004 – 2005)