Kimberly Arriola focuses her area of practice on trademark law. Kimberly regularly advises clients on prosecution matters, including trademark selection, clearance, and prosecution of trademark applications in the United States and abroad. Kimberly also has experience assisting clients with domestic and international enforcement matters.
Prior to joining Pirkey Barber, Kimberly worked for the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office as a Trademark Examining Attorney and has extensive experience with registration of marks in the United States.
Kimberly earned her J.D. from American University Washington College of Law, where she served as Publications Editor for the Journal of Gender, Social Policy & the Law and Senior Trademark Editor for the American University Intellectual Property Brief. Before entering law school, Kimberly graduated from the University of Leicester with a Bachelor of Arts, First Class Honours in International Relations.
Kimberly can speak conversational Mandarin. Outside of the office, Kimberly enjoys painting and trying out new recipes.
PROFESSIONAL ACTIVITIES AND MEMBERSHIPS
- American Intellectual Property Law Association
- Chair, AIPLA Trademark-Relations with the USPTO Committee (2022-2024)
- The District of Columbia Bar
SPEECHES AND PUBLICATIONS
- Speaker, “Cease and Desist Campaigns,” American Intellectual Property Law Association Trademark Bootcamp, June 2023
- Speaker, “Navigating Cannabis, CBD, and Hemp Trademarks,” American Intellectual Property Law Association, January 19, 2023
- Speaker, “Diversity in Intellectual Property,” American University Intellectual Property Brief, November 29, 2022
- Speaker, “Thums Up: Exploring Trademark Territoriality,” Federal Circuit Symposium, American University Law Review, November 4, 2022