Joshua J. Burke
Josh is a highly experienced trademark attorney with more than 27 years of legal expertise in all aspects of trademark practice. He has represented some of the world’s most beloved food brands, including Häagen-Dazs, Betty Crocker, and Pillsbury, in matters of licensing, mergers and acquisitions, searching and clearance, client counseling, prosecution, and enforcement.
Josh is a dedicated member of the International Trademark Association (INTA) where he has held several leadership positions, including Board of Directors (2008-2010), Chair of the In-House Counsel Committee, Co-Chair of the Annual Meeting (2015), Co-Chair of the Leadership Meeting (2011), Member of the Board’s Nominating Committee, and participation in various other committees.
Josh holds a J.D. with High Distinction from the University of Iowa College of Law (1995), where he was a member of Order of the Coif and Associate Editor of the Iowa Law Review. He also holds a Bachelor of Arts in Economics from Grinnell College (1992).
Outside of the office, Josh enjoys traveling with his family, playing in and going to see bands, and soccer.
*Not a Texas licensed attorney
- WTR 300 The World’s Leading Trademark Professionals, World Trademark Review (2017-2022)
- WTR Global Leaders: Corporate Trademark, World Trademark Review (2020-2022)
PROFESSIONAL ACTIVITIES AND MEMBERSHIPS
- International Trademark Association
- Co-Chair, Annual Meeting (2015)
- Co-Chair, Leadership Meeting (2011)
- Member, Board of Directors (2008-2010)
- Chair, In-House Counsel Committee
- Member, Board’s Nominating Committee