Jeanette has more than 25 years of experience as a trademark professional in law firms and in-house legal departments and across a wide range of industries, including food and beverage, pharmaceuticals, and sports.
As a senior IP paralegal at a multi-national beverage company, she managed large global trademark portfolios for well-known brands and had oversight for IP clearance and prosecution for many new product launches and advertising campaigns. She supported opposition and enforcement matters and worked closely with local business teams to ensure legal and regulatory compliance of advertising and product packaging materials.
At a global pharmaceutical company, Jeanette managed the name clearance process for new products in development and developed in-depth expertise in trademark searching and clearance with high volumes of in-depth searching and global clearance. She gained earlier professional IP experience at several other companies and law firms.
Outside of work, Jeanette enjoys hiking and learning about the Austin area, where she recently moved with her family.
PROFESSIONAL ACTIVITIES AND MEMBERSHIP
- International Trademark Association (INTA)
- Information Resources Committee (2008-2010)
- Project Team for INTA Leadership Meeting (2008)
- Enforcement Committee – Oppositions and Cancellation Standards & Procedures subcommittee (2006-2008)
- Programs Committee (2002 – 2006)
SPEECHES AND PUBLICATIONS
- Speaker, Panel presentation on the US trademark application process, INTA Trademark Administrators Conference (2003)