Emily Poole’s practice focuses on trademark, copyright, and unfair competition law. She advises clients, from startups to large corporations, on domestic and international clearance and registration, portfolio management and protection, and trademark disputes, including before the USPTO.
Her experience includes three years at the boutique trademark and copyright firm Owen, Wickersham & Erickson in San Francisco. Before that, she spent three years living, working, and traveling her way through sixteen countries across six continents.
Emily earned her J.D. from the University of San Francisco School of Law, magna cum laude, where she was the Editor-in-Chief of the Intellectual Property Law Bulletin and Technical Editor of the USF Law Review. Emily also received a Bachelor of Arts in Spanish Language and Literature, cum laude, from the University of Texas at Austin.
Outside of the office, Emily enjoys hiking the many trails in the greenbelt of Austin or relaxing in Zilker park on a sunny day.
PROFESSIONAL ACTIVITIES AND MEMBERSHIPS
- Austin Bar Association
SPEECHES AND PUBLICATIONS
- IP in the Mobile Universe, Intellectual Property Magazine, 2016 (co-author with Faisal Shah)
- Expert Editorial, New .wine and .vin Domains About to Launch, Wine Industry Advisor, 2015 (author)
- Is the Supreme Court’s Stance on Trademark Tacking at Odds with the Marketplace?, The Recorder, 2015 (author)
- Copyright: Another Tool in the Fight Against Revenge Porn, The Daily Journal, 2015 (author)
- Fighting Back Against Non-Consensual Pornography, USF L. Rev., 2014 (author)
- Case Survey, UMG Recordings, Inc. v. Shelter Capital Partners LLC, Intellectual Property Law Bulletin, 2012 (author)
- Shah, Faisal & Lackenbach Siegel LLP, Corporate Counsel Solutions: Intellectual Property Management, Strategies, and Tactics (LexisNexis), 2013, 2015, and 2017 editions (contributing editor)