Emily Cruz has 5 years of experience in Intellectual Property, starting her career in Chicago, IL as an Intellectual Property Assistant and quickly working her way up to a Paralegal. While Emily’s focus is on Trademark prosecution and global portfolio management, she has assisted with all aspects of Intellectual Property, including litigation, watch notice management, and domain name enforcement for a broad range of industries.
Since 2016, Emily has assisted attorneys on all aspects of domestic and international trademark matters including maintenance, clearance searches, conflict analysis, and acquisition portfolio due diligence. Accordingly, Emily hopes to complete her J.D. in Texas to continue advancing in her career in Intellectual Property law.
PROFESSIONAL ACTIVITIES AND MEMBERSHIPS
- Kappa Beta Delta International Honor Society, 2019
- Chicago Paralegal Association, 2019
- Intellectual Property Law Association of Chicago (IPLAC), 2019
- Intellectual Property Law Section of the American Bar Association (ABA-IPL), 2019
- International Trademark Association (INTA), 2016