Elizabeth Stafki practices trademark, copyright, and unfair competition law, with a primary focus on litigation and policing. Before beginning her career at Pirkey Barber, Elizabeth served as a law clerk to the Honorable Alia Moses in the U.S. District Court for the Western District of Texas.
Elizabeth earned her J.D. with Honors from The University of Texas School of Law, where she was a board member of the Texas Law Review.
Prior to law school, Elizabeth graduated Magna Cum Laude from Macalester College, receiving a Bachelor of Arts in History with Honors.
Elizabeth enjoys knitting, yoga, and tap dancing.
PROFESSIONAL ACTIVITIES AND MEMBERSHIPS
- International Trademark Association
- INTA Bulletins Committee (2020-2023)
- The Honorable Lee Yeakel IP Inn of Court
- Federal Bar Association
- Rising Star list by Managing Intellectual Property’s IP Stars Magazine (2021)
- Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch for Intellectual Property Law by Woodward/White, Inc. (2021)
- Covington Pro Bono Service Award (2019)
SPEECHES AND PUBLICATIONS
- Author, “Failure-to-Function Refusal of Llama Design Affirmed,” INTA Bulletin, July 7, 2021
- Author, “Registering Slogans in the United States,” INTA Bulletin, April 21, 2021
- Host, Table Topics: “Cannabis Products: Trademark Registration and Enforcement in the US, Canada and the EU,” International Trademark Association’s 141st Annual Meeting, Boston, Massachusetts, May 2019