Dani Rojas focuses her trademark practice on advising clients regarding worldwide trademark protection and enforcement strategies for international and national brand owners. She has coordinated foreign trademark filings in over 100 countries for Fortune 100 and 500 companies and has assisted with the clearance of global trademarks and the management of global portfolios.
In her almost twenty years’ experience, she has managed domestic and international trademark portfolios across a wide variety of industries, while practicing in Spain, Venezuela, and the U.S. Before joining Pirkey Barber, Dani worked with a European IP helpdesk funded by the European Commission, as in-house IP specialist, and was one of the first Latin American women to lead an IP team for a U.S based law firm. She is adept at negotiating licensing and co-existence agreements, performing due diligence, and conducting strategic reviews of acquisitions. She has experience advising clients regarding domain name disputes, advertisement issues, and copyright matters.
Dani received her law degree from Universidad Catolica “Andrés Bello” in Caracas, Venezuela. She also holds two L.L.M. degrees, the first from Universidad de Alicante in Spain in Intellectual Property and Information Society, and the second from the Benjamin Cardozo School of Law – Yeshiva University, in New York in Intellectual Property and International law.
In her free time, Dani enjoys yoga, Zumba and spending time and traveling with her two dogs, Sophie and Zoey.
Dani is fluent in Spanish and Portuguese.
PROFESSIONAL ACTIVITIES AND MEMBERSHIPS
- International Trademark Association
- Chair of “Unreal Campaign” Committee (2018-2019)
- Vice-Chair “Unreal Campaign” Committee (2016-2017)
- Co-Chair of the Annual Trademark Administrators and Practitioners (TMAP) Conference (2017)
- Chair of TMAP Committee Interface Group (2014-2015)
- Asociación Interamericana de la Propiedad Intelectual (ASIPI)
- U.S. Delegate (2019-2021)
- Trademark Committee
- Sports Law Committee (2014-2018)
- Chambers & Partners Global (2011-2012)
SPEECHES AND PUBLICATIONS
- Co-Presenter, “Unreal Campaign, “Trademark Administrators and Practitioners Meeting (TMAP), Berlin, Germany, September 2019
- Presenter “Unreal Campaign Student Presentation and Awards”, Future Business Leaders of America (FBLA) Annual Meeting, San Antonio, Texas, June 2019
- Panelist, “Not Only Words…Options to Protect Nontraditional Trademarks,” Trademark Administrators and Practitioners Meeting (TMAP), Berlin, Germany, September 2019
- Presenter, “Unreal Campaign Student Presentation,” Benjamin Franklin High School, New Orleans, Louisiana, November 2018
- Speaker, “Successfully Managing International portfolios: An Update on Corporate Priorities for International Filing Strategies,” AIPLA Annual Meeting, Washington D.C, October 2018
- Speaker, “Unreal Campaign: How to Engage Millennials in the Fight Against Counterfeits,” Trademark Administrators Annual Meeting, Orlando, Florida, September 2018
- Interview for INTA’s Bulletin – How INTA’s Unreal Campaign is Preparing Future Generations to Fight Fakes, August 2018
- Speaker, “Madrid—Is It Really the Big Easy, or Are There Gators in That Swamp?,” Trademark Administrators & Practitioners Annual Meeting, New Orleans, Louisiana, September 2017
- Speaker, “Regional Updates: Regulations Around the World Are Moving to the Rhythm of New Times,” Trademark Administrators & Practitioners Annual Meeting, New Orleans, Louisiana September 2017
- Presenter, “Unreal Campaign Student Presentation,” Future Business Leaders of America (FBLA), Anaheim, California, June 2017
- Interview for Marcasur IP Magazine – Latin American’s in Leadership Roles, What they are bringing to INTA and the Trademark World?, June 2016
- Speaker, “What to Do After Graduation? How to Grasp Professional Development Opportunities,” Magister Lvcentinvs – Universidad de Alicante, Alicante-Spain, May 2016
- Speaker, “Are you Getting Down and Dirty in a Correct Way? Protection of Immoral, Vulgar, Scandalous or Simply Culturally Sensitive Trademarks,” INTA Annual Meeting, Orlando, Florida, May 2016
- Interview for Marcasur IP Magazine – Daniela’s Trajectory & Marketing Persona, May 2016
- Presenter, “Unreal Campaign Student Presentation,” Brader High School, Panama City, Panama, October 2015
- Speaker, “Best practices for Filing Trademark Applications Internationally and What Brand Owners Expect from Outside Counsel,” INAPI – Santiago, Chile, August 2015
- Speaker, “Speak Your Mind: Public Speaking Gets Personal (public speakers confess how they approach the microphone),” INTA Annual Meeting, San Diego, California, May 2015
- Presenter, “Unreal Campaign Student Presentation,” Bronx High School – Law and Community Service, New York, New York, March 2015
- Speaker, “Best Practices and Focal Points of Negotiation in Licensing and Franchise Agreements,” INTA Annual Meeting, Hong Kong, May 2014
- Speaker, “What Brand Owners Expect from International Outside Counsel,” ASIPI meeting, Porto Alegre-Brazil, March 2014
- Publication, Andean Community Decision 486 No Longer Applicable in Venezuela, World Trademark Review, October 2008
- Publication, ADR in IP contracts under threat in Venezuela, IPTango and Estudio Antequera Parilli & Rodriguez Newsletter, Sept 2008
- Venezuela Bar Association
- *Pending certification with the State Bar of Texas