Dan Noonan focuses his practice on oversight and protection of trademarks, copyrights, domain names, intellectual property licenses, acquisitions, joint ventures, litigation management, sponsorship agreements, and related transaction issues. He represents clients in registration matters before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office and handles disputes including opposition and cancellation proceedings before the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board and domain name arbitrations. His work includes negotiating license agreements, developing trademark strategies, performing due diligence for trademarks involved in corporate transactions, and advising clients concerning copyright issues and truth in advertising.
Dan’s background includes working as the Vice President for Brands, Marketing and Sales Operations for a Fortune 100 company, and as the Associate General Counsel for a Fortune 500 company. He is experienced in developing corporate policies regarding trademarks and copyrights and providing related policing and litigation strategies related to brand retention, acquisition, litigation, and management.
Dan earned his J.D. from the University of the Pacific’s McGregor School of Law in 1985. Before law school, he graduated from the College of St. Thomas with a bachelor’s degree in Russian Area Studies.
PROFESSIONAL ACTIVITIES AND MEMBERSHIP
- American Bar Association
- Missouri State Bar Association
- Texas State Bar Association
- International Trademark Association
- Chair, External Affairs Committee
- Board of Directors (2004-2006)
SPEECHES AND PUBLICATIONS
- Presenter, Trademark Dilution, Phoenix, 2006
- Presenter, Impact of Copyright Levies, Brussels, 2005
- Presenter, Trademark Dilution Principles, Brussels, 2004
- Presenter, Proper Use of Outside Counsel, Chicago and St. Louis, 2003
- Co-Author, Using Technology to Anticipate Crisis, ACCA Magazine, July/August 2003
- Presenter, Non-Traditional Trademarks, San Francisco, 2002
- Presenter, On-Line Counterfeiting, Los Angeles, 2001
- Presenter, Madrid Protocol, Palm Springs, 2000
- Presenter, Trademark Licensing, Chicago, 1998