Anna Kuhn focuses her practice on trademark selection and clearance, U.S. and international trademark registration, rights policing and enforcement, and domain name and internet issues. She represents clients in registration matters before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office and handles disputes including opposition and cancellation proceedings before the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board and domain name arbitrations. Her work includes negotiating license agreements, performing due diligence for trademarks involved in corporate transactions, and advising clients concerning copyright issues and rights of publicity.
Anna’s clients span a wide variety of industries and stages of development, as she frequently represented start-up companies while running her own trademark law practice for six years. Her background also includes working as in-house trademark counsel for a Fortune 100 company, and she is experienced in developing corporate policies regarding trademarks and copyrights and providing related training to in-house staff.
Anna earned her J.D. from the Yale Law School in 1996. Before law school, she graduated with high honors from the University of Texas with a bachelor’s degree in government.
Outside the office, Anna enjoys photography, community service, and spending time with her husband, Kurt, and their children, Eli and Lucy.
“Anna is 'bright and personable,' she has accumulated an unrivalled level of branding know-how...she offers 'a very experienced – yet cost-efficient – service'. ”WORLD TRADEMARK REVIEW'S WTR 1000 (2017)
- Top 250 Women in IP, Managing Intellectual Property (2016, 2017, 2018)
- IP Stars, Managing Intellectual Property (2016, 2017, 2018)
- WTR 1000 The World’s Leading Trademark Professionals, World Trademark Review (2017, 2018)
- The Best Lawyers in America® Trademark Law, by Woodward/White, Inc. (2019)
PROFESSIONAL ACTIVITIES AND MEMBERSHIPS
- International Trademark Association
- Pro Bono Committee (2018-2019)
- Austin Intellectual Property Association
- Austin Bar Association
- Texas Bar Foundation, Fellow
- Moderator, Austin IPLA CLE Luncheon, “In-House Counsel Perspectives on Current Trademark Issues,” Austin, Texas, August 2017