August 31, 2021
Pirkey Barber is proud to announce Member Steve Meleen has been named 2022 Lawyer of the Year Litigation – Intellectual Property in Austin by Best Lawyers in America. Only one lawyer in each practice area in a selected location is named as “Lawyer of the Year” and only individuals with the highest overall peer review rating are eligible. Meleen has appeared in Best Lawyers for over ten years and has previously received its Lawyer of the Year – Trademark Law award in 2013 and 2019.
“Steve’s dedication to serving our clients’ intellectual property and trademark concerns is legendary,” said Louis Pirkey, one of the firm’s founding members. “We are delighted that he is, once again, receiving industry recognition for his steadfast counsel and relentless pursuit of the most effective courtroom strategies.”
The next generation of Pirkey Barber’s intellectual property lawyers also featured prominently in the 2022 rankings with five rising stars – David Armendariz, Alexandra Bistline, Tyson Smith, Elizabeth Stafki, Travis Wimberly – listed as Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch. Awarded to attorneys who have practiced for less than ten years, Ones to Watch showcases new lawyers who have already exhibited excellence in their legal practice. While this is the second year for both Bistline and Stafki, it marks the inaugural appearance for Armendariz, Smith, and Wimberly.
“We are proud to see the future leaders of Pirkey Barber named as Ones to Watch,” said Pirkey Barber Management Committee member, Chris Kindel. “Their commitment to protecting intellectual property rights is worthy of recognition and an incredible benefit to the innovators and creators our firm serves.”
Best Lawyers is one of the oldest and most respected peer review publications in the legal profession, having bestowed these honors for over 30 years. The publication’s sophisticated, conscientious, rational, and transparent survey process is designed to elicit meaningful and substantive evaluations regarding the quality of available legal services.
Pirkey Barber congratulates all of its attorneys on their inclusion among the best and brightest lawyers in the United States. The firm’s complete roster of attorneys recognized in the 2022 Best Lawyers includes:
Best Lawyers – Lawyer of the Year 2022:
- Steve Meleen (Litigation – Intellectual Property in Austin)
Best Lawyers – Ones to Watch:
- David Armendariz* (Litigation – Intellectual Property)
- Alexandra Bistline (Intellectual Property Law and Litigation – Intellectual Property)
- Tyson Smith* (Intellectual Property Law and Litigation – Intellectual Property)
- Elizabeth Stafki (Intellectual Property Law)
- Travis Wimberly* (Intellectual Property Law and Litigation – Intellectual Property)
*New to Best Lawyers
Best Lawyers – Recognized Lawyers:
- Bill Barber (Litigation – Intellectual Property and Trademark Law)
- Rodney Caldwell (Litigation – Intellectual Property and Trademark Law)
- Sherri Eastley (Trademark Law)
- Steven Espenshade (Copyright Law and Trademark Law)
- Chris Graff (Trademark Law)
- Alicia Groos (Copyright Law and Trademark Law)
- Chris Kindel (Trademark Law)
- Anna Kuhn (Trademark Law)
- Wendy Larson (Litigation – Intellectual Property and Trademark Law)
- Jered Matthysse (Litigation – Intellectual Property and Trademark Law)
- Steve Meleen (Litigation – Intellectual Property and Trademark Law)
- Michael Metteauer (Trademark Law)
- Lou Pirkey Litigation (Intellectual Property and Trademark Law)
- Shannon Vale (Copyright Law and Trademark Law)
- Chris Weimer (Trademark Law)
By collecting the opinion of leading lawyers about the professional abilities of their colleagues within the same geographical area and legal practice area, Best Lawyers hopes to serve as an unbiased, reliable source of legal referrals. To learn more, please click here.