February 23, 2021
The 2021 edition of the World Trademark Review’s WTR 1000 ranking confirms Pirkey Barber PLLC’s standing among the top intellectual property law firms across the United States.
Calling Pirkey Barber “one of the country’s biggest and best trademark, copyright, and unfair competition boutiques,” the 2021 WTR 1000 awarded the firm with a Gold rank nationwide, the most individual rankings of any firm in Texas, and recognition highlighting its “strong presence” in the Washington, D.C. area.
“All of us at Pirkey Barber are honored to see our prominent placement in this year’s WTR 1000,” said Chris Kindel, a member of the firm’s Management Committee. “We take great pride in helping clients across the United States and internationally to establish, monetize, and protect their brands. Consistently earning both individual and firmwide rankings, from Texas and the D.C. area to the nationwide ranking, demonstrates the value our clients place on our work and the confidence they have in our team.”
With the publication of the 2021 rankings, Pirkey Barber expands on its decade-plus trend of earning high marks in this elite listing of trademark law firms, which determines rankings from extensive interviews with hundreds of lawyers, attorneys, and their clients. Firmwide, Pirkey Barber has been in the top tier in Texas for the entirety of the directory’s 11-year history, and it has nearly quadrupled its number of Texas attorney rankings over that time.
As one source told WTR 1000 researchers: “Pirkey Barber provides an exceptional service characterized by speed, responsiveness, and subject-matter and practical proficiency. The firm is best in class.”
Pirkey Barber earned the following rankings geographically in the 2021 WTR 1000:
- Gold — United States
- Gold — Texas
- Bronze — Washington, D.C., Trademark Enforcement and Litigation
- Bronze — Washington, D.C., Trademark Prosecution and Strategy
Sixteen Pirkey Barber attorneys earned the following rankings in the 2021 WTR 1000:
- Louis Pirkey — Gold, Texas; Gold, National Enforcement and Litigation; Gold, National Prosecution and Strategy
- Bill Barber — Gold, Texas; Gold, National Enforcement and Litigation; Silver, National Prosecution and Strategy
- Michael S. Metteauer — Gold, Texas; Silver, National Prosecution and Strategy
- Shannon T. Vale — Gold, Texas; Silver, National Prosecution and Strategy
- Alicia Morris Groos — Gold, Texas
- Sherri Eastley — Silver, Texas
- Christopher L. Graff — Silver, Texas
- Chris Kindel — Silver, Texas
- Anna Kuhn — Silver, Texas
- Wendy Larson — Silver, Texas
- Steve Meleen — Silver, Texas
- Tara Vold — Silver, D.C. Metro Area
- Alexandra Bistline — Bronze, Texas
- Steven Espenshade — Bronze, Texas
- Jered Matthysse — Bronze, Texas
- Travis Wimberly — Bronze, Texas
Learn more about the WTR 1000 ranking methodology here.