April 14, 2020
Five Pirkey Barber PLLC attorneys appear on the 2020 Texas Super Lawyers Rising Stars list, a selective directory that accepts only 2.5% of attorneys statewide.
Representing the prominent intellectual property firm as 2020 Rising Stars are:
- David E. Armendariz, an associate at Pirkey Barber, makes his debut on the Rising Stars list this year. He appears in the Intellectual Property Litigation category.
- Alexandra H. Bistline, an associate, is a Rising Star for the second consecutive year in the Intellectual Property Litigation category. Alex will also appear in the 2020 Texas Super Lawyers Women’s Edition.
- Steven Espenshade, a member of Pirkey Barber, also debuts on Rising Stars this year, in the Intellectual Property category.
- Tyson Smith, an associate, makes his second consecutive appearance as a Rising Star for Intellectual Property.
- Travis Wimberly, a member of the firm, has been a Rising Star in Intellectual Property since 2017.
“We are extremely proud of David, Alex, Steven, Tyson, and Travis, who together nearly doubled our presence on the Texas Super Lawyers Rising Stars list this year,” said Chris Kindel, a member of the firm’s Management Committee. “Our clients, and all of us at Pirkey Barber, know them as excellent lawyers and outstanding people to work with. They constantly exceed our expectations for growth, and we know they will play increasingly important roles for us as we continue to be one of the top IP-focused law firms in the country.”
Attorneys achieve Super Lawyers and Rising Stars placement through a patented multiphase selection process, which includes peer evaluations and independent research by leading legal publisher Thomson Reuters. To be eligible for Rising Stars, attorneys must be 40 or younger, or have been practicing for 10 or fewer years.