December 5, 2019
Of the only 16 lawyers recognized in Who’s Who Legal: Trademarks 2019 for the entire state of Texas, nearly half of them practice at Pirkey Barber. Among those honored this year are Bill Barber, Christopher L. Graff, Christopher Kindel, Wendy Larson, Steve Meleen, Lou Pirkey, and Shannon Vale.
- Bill Barber is a veteran lawyer who focuses on contentious trademark matters. Sources are quick to highlight him as “knowledgeable and successful, with much trial and appeal board experience.”
- Chris Graff has represented clients in more than one hundred cases before a wide variety of tribunals, including Federal Court, State Court, and the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office’s Trademark Trial and Appeal Board. He advises on all areas of trademarks, including selection, prosecution, enforcement, licensing, and global portfolio management.
- Chris Kindel is described by his peers as “a terrific guy and an excellent lawyer,” whose practice includes cross-border enforcement and advisory matters.
- Wendy Larson is “definitely worthy of attention” for her work in trademark litigation. She advises on IT and digital matters. Commentators confirm that Wendy is a “strong litigator who is very commercially minded.”
- Steve Meleen handles all aspects of trademark and unfair competition law and litigation. He has been actively involved in internet developments and policies affecting trademark owners and devotes a significant portion of his practice to Internet-related trademark issues.
- Lou Pirkey delivers decades of proven skill in advising and representing clients in sophisticated trademark litigation, drawing upon his deep bench of hard-earned know-how involving contentious proceedings.
- Shannon Vale advises on worldwide trademark protection and enforcement strategies, including the selection and clearance of trademarks and the management of global portfolios. For many years, Shannon has been active in the International Trademark Association (INTA) and is currently a member of INTA’s Right of Publicity Committee.
The 200 to 600 lawyers selected each year are considered the pre-eminent attorneys in their respective fields. The 2019 Edition revealed 1431 practitioners from 950 firms in 80 jurisdictions that are leaders in the trademark field. Nominees are selected based upon comprehensive, independent survey work that included both general counsel and private practitioners worldwide. Only specialists who have met independent international research criteria are listed. Since 1996 the publication has identified the top legal practitioners in business law based on peer and client nominations and rigorous independent research and attorney interviews.