March 19, 2019
Pirkey Barber Member, Bill Barber has been appointed to Chair of the Trademark Public Advisory Committee (“TPAC”). TPAC is a statutorily created committee that reviews the policies, goals, performance, budget, and user fees of trademark operations and advises the United States Patent and Trademark Office on these matters.
The 2019 members of TPAC include:
- William G. Barber, Member at Pirkey Barber PLLC (Chair)
- Elizabeth Roth Escobar, Vice President and Senior Counsel at Marriott International, Inc. (Vice Chair)
- Stephanie Bald, Partner at Kelly IP
- Christopher Kelly, Partner at Wiley Rein, LLP
- Anne Gilson LaLonde, Author of “Gilson on Trademarks”
- Ilene B. Tannen, Of Counsel at Jones Day
- Donna A. Tobin, Partner at Frankfurt, Kurnit, Klein & Selz, P.C.
- Kelly D. Walton, Vice President, Trademarks and Copyrights at Dell, Inc.
- Brian J. Winterfeldt, Principal at Winterfeldt IP Group
- Jay Besch, President of NTEU 245
- Tamara Kyle, POPA
- Harold Ross, NTEU 243
The TPAC held their first quarterly public meeting of 2019 on January 25. Deputy Under Secretary of Commerce for Intellectual Property and Deputy Director of the USPTO, Ms. Laura Peter and Commissioner for Trademarks, Ms. Mary Denison were in attendance.
Left to right: Jay Besch, Kelly Walton, Donna Tobin, Anne LaLonde, Brian Winterfeldt, Elisabeth Escobar, Mary Denison, Laura Peter, Bill Baber, Ilene Tannen, Stephanie Bald, Chris Kelly