Sherri’s trademark practice focuses on advising clients regarding worldwide trademark protection and enforcement strategies; selection and clearance of trademarks; rebranding and advising for strategic worldwide brand roll-outs; management of global portfolios; obtaining domestic and foreign trademark registrations; negotiating licensing agreements; performing due diligence for acquisition of trademark portfolios; counseling clients with respect to copyright matters; and advising clients regarding domain name and Internet issues.more
Her practice includes management of domestic and international trademark portfolios across a wide variety of industries. Sherri regularly represents clients before the U.S. Trademark Office and Trademark Trial and Appeal Board.
Sherri received her J.D. with honors from The University of Texas School of Law in 2002, where she was elected to the Order of the Coif. She also studied at Queen Mary, University of London, focusing on international intellectual property law. Prior to law school, Sherri received a bachelor’s degree from Boston University in 1997, graduating Magna Cum Laude.
Outside of work, Sherri enjoys cooking, swimming and spending time with her husband Kent and her two sons, Grant and Porter.
PROFESSIONAL ACTIVITIES AND MEMBERSHIP
- International Trademark Association
- American Intellectual Property Law Association
- American Bar Association
- Order of the Coif
- State Bar of Texas
- Intellectual Property Section
- Austin Bar Association
- Austin Intellectual Property Law Association
- J. Rueben Clark Law Society
SPEECHES AND PUBLICATIONS
- Co-author of Brief of Amicus Curiae for the International Trademark Association before the U.S. Supreme Court, KP Permanent Make-up, Inc. v. Lasting Impression Inc., et al., 543 U.S. 111 (2004).
- Direito Ambiental das areas protegidas (Environmental Law of Protected Areas), Forense Universitaria, 2001, Sherri Langley, et al.