Erik Combs focuses his practice on trademark, copyright, and unfair competition law. Erik earned his J.D. from The University of Texas School of Law, where he served as Managing Editor of the Texas Environmental Law Journal. While attending law school, he received the Dean’s Achievement Award in Patent Law.
Prior to law school, Erik graduated from Washington University in St. Louis earning a Bachelor of Science in Computer Engineering.
PROFESSIONAL ACTIVITIES AND MEMBERSHIP
- The Honorable Lee Yeakel IP Inn of Court
- Intellectual Property Owners Association
- Austin Intellectual Property Law Association
- American Intellectual Property Law Association
- State Bar of Texas
- Co-Chair, AIPLA Austin Area New Lawyer Committee Networking
- Chair, AIPLA NLC Webinar Subcommittee
SPEECHES AND PUBLICATIONS
- Guest Lecturer, Entrepreneurship and Community Development Clinic at the University of Texas School of Law, “IP Law Overview,” Austin, Texas, October 2016
- Speaker, Intellectual Property Law Society at the University of Texas School of Law, “Trademarks 101,” Austin, Texas, February 2015, October 2015