- Christopher M. Kindel
- Direct: (512) 334-8495
- Extension: N/A
- Download vCard
Christopher Kindel has focused his practice on intellectual property trademark and copyright matters since 2001. His experience crosses a wide range of industries including consumer and luxury goods, retail sales, hotel services, music and entertainment, pharmaceuticals, software, financial and consulting services and information technologies industries. In addition, he is well versed in trademark portfolio management, global filing programs, global clearance projects, multi-country oppositions, domain-name issues, anti-counterfeiting and infringement actions.
In 2001, he earned his J.D. with honors from the University of North Carolina School of Law, where he was a recipient of a Chancellor’s Scholarship and served as a copyright law and securities law research assistant. Prior to law school, Christopher graduated Phi Beta Kappa from the Liberal Arts Honors program at The University of Texas at Austin.
Chris enjoys playing golf and tennis, running, backpacking, fishing and camping.
Professional Activities and Memberships
- State Bar of Texas
- State Bar of New York
- State Bar of North Carolina
2001 J.D., with Honors, University of North Carolina School of Law
- North Carolina Law Review comments editor
- Chancellors' Scholarship recipient
1998 B.A., with High Honors, The University of Texas at Austin
- Phi Beta Kappa
- Co-Author, “New Intellectual Property Enforcement Legislation, the PRO-IP Act, is Signed Into Law,” Fulbright & Jaworski L.L.P. Briefing, October 2008
- Author, “When Digital Contacts Equal Minimum Contacts: How Fourth Circuit Courts Should Assess Personal Jurisdiction in Trademark Disputes Over Internet Domain Names,” North Carolina Law Review, Volume 78, Issue 6, September 2000