- Christopher M. Kindel
- Direct: (512) 334-8495
- Extension: N/A
- Download vCard
Christopher Kindel has focused his practice on intellectual property trademark and copyright matters since he began his legal career in 2001. His experience crosses a wide range of industries including consumer and luxury goods, retail sales, hotel services, music and entertainment, pharmaceuticals, software, financial and consulting services and information technologies industries.
Chris has particular expertise assisting clients on trademark and copyright licensing and transactional matters, ranging from drafting and negotiating character license and brand extension agreements to providing counsel on IP issues in large M&A transactions. Having spent several years of his practice on an international team focused on managing the international portfolios of well-known brands, Chris has extensive experience providing strategic counselling on international protection and enforcement issues. Chris is also well versed in domestic and international trademark clearance, portfolio management, global filing programs, global clearance projects, multi-country oppositions, domain-name issues, anti-counterfeiting and infringement actions.
In 2001, he earned his J.D. with honors from the University of North Carolina School of Law, where he was a recipient of a Chancellor’s Scholarship and served as a copyright law and securities law research assistant. Prior to law school, Christopher graduated Phi Beta Kappa from the Liberal Arts Honors program at The University of Texas at Austin.
Chris enjoys playing golf and tennis, running, backpacking, fishing and camping.
2001 J.D., with Honors, University of North Carolina School of Law
- North Carolina Law Review comments editor
- Chancellors' Scholarship recipient
1998 B.A., with High Honors, The University of Texas at Austin
- Phi Beta Kappa
- WTR 1000 The World's Leading Trademark Professionals, World Trademark Review (2015)
- Who’s Who Legal: Trademarks (2015)
- Legal Media Group's Expert Guides, Rising Stars 2015, Trade Marks, U.S.
Professional Activities and Memberships
State Bar of Texas
- Entertainment & Sports Law Section
- State Bar of New York
- State Bar of North Carolina
International Trademark Association
- Harmonization of Laws Committee
- Austin Intellectual Property Law Association
- Co-Author, “New Intellectual Property Enforcement Legislation, the PRO-IP Act, is Signed Into Law,” Fulbright & Jaworski L.L.P. Briefing, October 2008
- Author, “When Digital Contacts Equal Minimum Contacts: How Fourth Circuit Courts Should Assess Personal Jurisdiction in Trademark Disputes Over Internet Domain Names,” North Carolina Law Review, Volume 78, Issue 6, September 2000